Flyclops is a small Philadelphia game studio with global reach. We work hard to to ensure that our team feels stimulated and excited about how they spend their days. We have active and open communication with our players and that often informs our development. Our work environment is flexible, and success here is based on what you do, not how much time you spend sitting in your chair.
All jobs include the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible schedule
- 4 weeks vacation
- Unlimited sick-leave policy that keeps everyone healthier
- App/game reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sound good? Check out our open positions and apply online!
Senior UX Designer
We’re a small team with four products so autonomy is a given and initiative is key. We build games as a service so your problem set will shift and you’ll never be bored. Our structure is largely horizontal and we encourage thoughtful disagreement. You’ll work closely with the entire team to establish and maintain visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, consistency, and most of all create fun and meaningful experiences for our players.
The Senior UX Designer we hire will be a blue sky thinker with the follow-through to see what their ideas are really made of.
Your job will include all phases of the design process such as concepting, prototyping, testing, visual design, asset production, and design system maintenance.
- Understand and take responsibility for the entire product UX and its features
- Identify player needs, design and conduct user experience research, and apply it to feature development
- Create flows, prototype, test, interface design, visual design, and asset generation
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team including game designers, product managers, and engineers to ensure designs meet player needs
- Foster a high level of polish while understanding technical limitations
- Follow interaction specifications and guidelines for the platforms we publish on
- Generate ideas for product and pitch concepts
- Accept critique as a useful part of the process
- Build out and maintain a design system that can scale across multiple products
- Value autonomy and are prone to taking initiative
- Are looking for a small team environment where you’re able to shape the process
- Are more interested in what’s right, not who’s right
- Can translate concepts into form, function, and execution
- Are aware of current design trends but don’t see them as rules
- Want to be a part of the entire design process from research and experimentation to execution and revision
- Value usability and can empathize with our players
- Have a solid understanding of UX principles and can articulate your design thinking
- Proficient in Figma or the ability to ramp up quickly (We see you, Sketch users.)
- Experienced building out and maintaining a design system
- Expert in designing for mobile
- Expert in at least one graphic design/illustration tool for rendering
- Worked in a live production environment and shipped features regularly
- 3+ years of experience
- US Residency
- Able to work remotely with our eastern time zone based team.
Your formal education is way less important to us than what you’ve made, how you approach defining and solving problems, and how you work with others.
Nice To Have
- Proficiency and a continued interest in Animation/Motion Design is a major plus
- Experience in Illustration or the Visual Arts, generally.
- Experience working in games.
- 5+ years experience
Senior Software Engineer
Flyclops is looking for a software engineer who wants to make a big difference to a product enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of people around the world every day. We are looking for a developer who is as excited as we are about building a platform for social and accessible multiplayer games.
We are a small team, so you will be working directly with stakeholders on the big, important stuff. We entrust our team with autonomy, so we are looking for someone who cares for their work and is rewarded by problem solving. Our team engages in a diverse and interesting set of challenges.
We believe the best teams include people from different backgrounds and perspectives, who collaborate with respect for one another and openness to thoughtful disagreement. We strive to foster an environment that is mutually supportive of everyone’s work.
Based on your experience and aspirations, the position will involve responsibilities across any of the following disciplines:
- Native Android Development
- Native iOS Development
- Cross-platform mobile UI development with Flutter or React Native
- Systems/backend development with Go
- Unity development
- Multiple-language and systems Interoperability
- Third-party services and SDK integrations
- DevOps, mobile build automation
Applicants should have at least 5 years of experience developing software applications. Relevant experience includes any of the following: programming, systems design and architecture, functional and compositional paradigms and design patterns, refactoring, test-driven development and experience using and putting together DevOps related systems, including source code management, continuous integration, code review, third-party library management and performance analysis.
We actively seek a diverse pool of applicants.
Experience in game development is absolutely not required.